Partnerships London Mtwara is a small NGO dedicated to developing innovative collaborations between North and South based partner organisations
PaLM works between London, UK and Mtwara, Southern Tanzania on sexual and reproductive health and education. It links the Global Health Unit at King's College, London with the Clinical Officer Training College and Zonal Health Resource Centre (COTC / ZHRC) Mtwara
PaLM is one of a new kind of North - South partnership working to co-produce services, educational settings and community based development options ..
PaLM brings North based health professionals t
ogether with colleagues in the global South to share learning and catalyze collaboration.
PaLM envisions the health professional of the emerging future: working wherever they may be, linked to global networks that support their ongoing professional development, their clinical practice and their global health advocacy..
"PaLM is a link, not [just] a project.." .. Read more ..
Donate to PaLM
• NOV to DEC 2014: a group from PaLM visited Mtwara to teach Sexual Health COTC Year 2 Students, deliver an intensive short course in Research Methods to visiting researchers, and develop the Graduate Network. See updates on the TUMBLR
• BMJ4Life books arrive at COTC library
• In NOV - DEC 2011, a PaLM team visited Mtwara with support from THET / The British Council to work with COTC's IT staff on the COTC computer system and to teach the annual PaLM Short Course.. Trip Report
• This followed a visit by 5 UK based students under the auspices of the UK International Citizens Service for 12 weeks in June to September.. more
• Together these initiatives led to the setup of the PaLM Student Club, an exciting new approach to Sexual and Public Health Outreach delivered and run by COTC students .. with a new blog here
• We have seen increasingly close collaboration around evolving IT projects.. COTC/ZHRC IT Report
• And the emergence of remarkable international student networks joining up the health workers of the immediate future..
• PaLM has been engaged in these developments with the help of new and ongoing supporters, new people on the board, and an expanding network of contributors in the UK and TZ ..
PaLM COTC Student Club - New Blog
Global Student Networks for Health (in Student BMJ)
COTC/ZHRC Mtwara is online - website built with PaLM student training in Google Sites
NOV-DEC 2011 Trip: Report
Medicine Africa (THET Conference 2011: poster)
PaLM Work 2011 (Southern Zone Stakeholders Conference DEC 2011: Presentation)